This is what the area between the hedges and the street looked like one short week ago. The grass was dead and curb appeal was, well, unappealing.
We tossed around the idea of bringing in a landscaper, but we’re not yet ready to work on the entire yard – bringing in someone to handle just this small portion of the yard would be throwing money away. Instead, we decided to tackle it ourselves.
We tilled the land with an old yard tool of my father’s that’s one of the best I’ve ever handled. I’d tell you the name but I don’t know how to spell it. Anyway, it made relatively short work of the tilling.
Next, we placed the plants into the ground. We were interrupted a few times by rain but that was good for it cooled us down tremendously.
We splurged and bought ten bags of mulch to place around the plants because we couldn’t wait to see how it was going to look. Then the next day I went to Griffis Lumber and bought a truckload to finish the job.
M is dutifully watering our new plantings. We aimed for full sun drought tolerant varieties.
Now, curb appeal is once again appealing.
Thanks to M for her hard work in making this a reality.
God bless! 🙂